To satisfy your Tex-Mex cravings almost guilt-free, swap in ground turkey for the beef and baked chips for the Scoops.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbs. chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups tortilla chips, preferably Scoops, from 10-oz. pkg. 4½ oz.
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup packaged tortilla strips, broken into thirds
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- Fresh cilantro sprigs
- Coat 12” nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add beef and chili powder; cook, stirring frequently to break up beef until browned, about 7 min. Stir in garlic; cook 30 sec.
- Stir chickpeas and tomatoes with their juices. Bring to boil; reduce to medium. Cook until thickened and flavors blend, 10 min. Arrange chips on 10” round serving dish. Top with beef mixture, red onion, cheese, sour cream, tortilla strips, jalapeno and cilantro.