Monterey Jack cheese adds South-of-the-Border flair to our Tex-Mex take on pot pie.
- 1½ lbs. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 (24 oz.) jar mild chunky salsa
- 1 (10.8 oz.) pkg. frozen cut green beans, thawed, drained
- 1 burrito size (10 ½”) flour tortilla, from 20-oz. pkg.
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- Heat 12” nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion, cumin and salt; cook, stirring, until beef is no longer pink, 7-8 min. Stir in salsa; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook until flavors blend, about 10 min., adding green beans during last 2 min. of cooking time.
- Heat broiler. Arrange tortilla over filling in skillet; sprinkle with cheese. Broil until lightly browned, 3-4 min. Sprinkle with parsley.