Fire up the Halloween party crowd by serving this devilishly good dish that’s spiced up with sweet-and-sour hot sauce.
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (7 lbs.)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (12 oz.) btle. sweet-and-sour sauce
- 2 Tbs. hot sauce
- 1 eggplant
- 3 spicy red peppers
- 1 pitted black olive, sliced
- 1 shallot, halved
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place turkey on rack set in roasting pan. Season generously with salt and pepper. In bowl, whisk together sweet-and-sour sauce and hot sauce. Roast turkey 1 hr.; brush with half of sauce mixture. Continue roasting 1½ hrs. or until juices run clear. Transfer from pan to platter; brush with remaining sauce mixture.
- Using vegetable peeler, remove skin from eggplant; reserve eggplant for another use. Using sharp knife, cut skin into 1 large half-moon for goatee, 2 thin half-moons for mustache and 2 thin arches for eyebrows.
- Make two small slits to hold pepper horns. Use a half pepper for nose and 1 olive slice for mouth. Use shallot halves for eyes; top with olive slices for pupils. Add eggplant goatee, mustache and eyebrows.