Tender homemade meatballs make this new-fashioned chili irresistible.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ¼ cup seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- ¾ cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (4 oz.) jar diced pimentos, drained
- Fresh cilantro and lime wedges
- In bowl, combine beef, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, 1 tsp. chili powder and salt. Shape into 16 meatballs. Coat 12” nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add meatballs; cook, turning, until browned, 7-8 min. Remove meatballs; drain fat from skillet.
- Return meatballs to skillet; add beans, tomato sauce, corn and remaining chili powder. Over medium-high heat, bring to boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook meatballs until no longer pink in centers, about 10 min. Add pimento. Garnish with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.