Grilling romaine makes it smoky-sweet — perfect with yolky eggs. Like yours hard-cooked? Boil two minutes more.
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz. baby carrots, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce, each quartered lengthwise through core
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cups sliced cooked chicken
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- Bring pot of water to a boil. Add eggs; reduce heat to medium-high. Cook 6½ min., adding carrots during last 1 min.; drain. Transfer to bowl of ice water.
- Heat grill to high. Toss lettuce with oil, ¼ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. pepper. Grill, cut sides down, until charred in spots, 1–2 min. Cool. Trim away core ends of lettuce; cut crosswise into thirds; transfer to platter.
- Peel eggs; halve or cut into thirds. Pat carrots dry. Top lettuce with chicken, bacon, eggs, carrots and parsley. Drizzle with dressing.