Despite lockdowns slowly lifting across the country, most movie theaters will still be closed for the foreseeable future. But families and friends are finding ways to make their own post-quarantine fun, throwing social-distancing barbecues, bike rides, inflatable pool and sprinkler parties, and outdoor movie nights… in their backyards.
Movie projectors and screens have been rising in popularity for a while, but if you’re like us and are intimidated by high-tech electronics, this VivoHome Inflatable Movie Screen will give you the same experience as the higher-end movie screens without the complicated setup. Just find a spot on your lawn, inflate, and voilá, you have your very own movie theater! (If you’ve ever owned an inflatable Christmas decoration, this is similar.)
More than 200 reviewers agree, with one very relatable woman reporting her successful install: “Super easy to set up and use — I didn’t even need my husband to set it up for me!” she said. “The picture quality is great. Makes middle-of-the-week family movie nights so much fun!”
This inflatable movie screen comes with an air blower and stakes, but you’ll need to buy your own projector if you don’t own one already. Amazon recommends this affordable Vankyo Leisure Mini Projector, which received more than 8,000 5-star reviews and was purchased frequently with the Vivohome inflatable movie screen, proving they work well together. It’s easy-to-use, portable, and can hook up to your cellphone for easy streaming of your favorite TV shows and movies.
$209.99 (was $219.99), Amazon
- VIVOHOME Inflatable Projection Screen
- Professional 110V air blower
- Yard stakes
- 420D storage bag with zipper for easy setup and storage
- Contrast Ratio: 2000:1
- Keystone: ±15 degree
- Lamp Life: 40,000 hours
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3\16:9\auto
- Projection Size: 33-170 inches
- Supported Resolution: 1920*1080
- Compatible with: TV Stick, PS4, HDMI, VGA, TF, AV and USB
Promising Owner Reviews:
- “I purchased this inflatable screen for an evening fall activity for the family. After inflating and using I am wondering why in the world I didn’t buy earlier for the summer too. … Anyway, so I wanted to see if I could inflate and set up this movie screen alone before asking for an extra hand. Good news, you can! The directions were easy to follow and it’s only 3 steps. Take it out, clip on the screen and inflate. Laying out the screens frame is easy. There are clips or buckles located around the perimeter.”
- “This blow up screen inflates quickly and does exactly what it’s supposed to do. Once you set the screen clips to a certain tension, leave them so the screen is flat every time you inflate it and you don’t have to mess around with it. It comes with a nice bag to store it in also.“
- “Picture perfect in every possible way! Vivohome really hit it out of the park with this inflatable giant movie screen. As someone who has dabbled in electronics and home theatre equipment for several years, I can assure you this is the best inflatable movie screen on the market, hands down! It took less than 5 minutes to set everything up from start to finish and packed away in less than 2 minutes, I know, I timed it.”
- “Super easy to set up and use, I didn’t even need my husband to set it up for me! The picture quality is great. Makes middle of the week family movie nights so much fun! The fan is integrated so I didn’t have to worry about securing anything other than the screen on the inflatable frame. Would like a screen that can project from behind, but the black back screen it comes with is great.”
- “I’ve used this every chance I could since I bought it. This is so great and so easy. Easy instructions, fantastic picture, and quality. All the tools you could need included. It actually goes back in the bag! How many inflatable items ever fit back in the bag? Don’t hesitate, you want this!”
See more of our best product recommendations.
We write about products we think our readers will like. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the supplier.