We’re sure scrambling a dozen eggs is a normal part of your family’s big Sunday brunch — and so are the inevitable egg leftovers. To ensure that nothing goes to waste, you need to know how to reheat scrambled eggs so you can enjoy them for breakfast the rest of the week. Fortunately, there’s an easy way to reheat scrambled eggs so they’re always soft and never rubbery.
How long can I refrigerate scrambled eggs?
The secret to scrambled eggs that melt in your mouth is not letting them sit in the fridge for too long. Refrigerated scrambled eggs are safe to eat for up to four days after cooking, but after that you should toss them out. Also, make sure your leftover scrambled eggs are in the body of the fridge, not in the door shelves, as this may cause them to spoil faster.
How to Reheat Scrambled Eggs on the Stove
The best way to reheat scrambled eggs is on the stove. However, this method requires a little extra time and effort. (Opt for reheating scrambled eggs in the microwave if you’re busy.) Here’s how to reheat scrambled eggs on the stove in four easy steps.
- Warm a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add butter or oil.
- Add scrambled eggs, stirring frequently. Remove and throw out any liquids you may notice leaking from your eggs.
- Remove the eggs from the pan and transfer to a plate when they’re hot. Serve immediately.
How to Reheat Scrambled Eggs in the Microwave
Reheating scrambled eggs in the microwave is the quickest and easiest option, so it’s perfect for when you need to grab breakfast on the go. Here’s how to reheat scrambled eggs in the microwave in four easy steps.
- Pour eggs into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover the bowl loosely with plastic wrap.
- Microwave your scrambled eggs for 15 to 20 seconds. Get rid off any excess liquids in the bottom of the bowl.
- Continue zapping your eggs in 15- to 20-second intervals, stirring with a fork in between. When the eggs are hot, they’re ready to be eaten.
Adding fresh veggies, like peppers and onions, or sprinkling your scrambled eggs with cheese can also breathe new life into your leftovers. Toss in some diced ham and a dollop of hot sause and you have yourself a brand-new meal. Aren’t leftovers truly magical?
BOGO Never Felt So Good
Whether you're looking to sleep better, have less anxiety, get pain relief or simply unwind the mind, these award-winning CBD Gummies from Sky Wellness do just the trick! Available in a variety of flavors, don't miss this special BOGO offer. Learn more at SkyWellness.com.