When it comes time to cook up a quick and delicious Sunday brunch, do you know how to reheat quiche? Fresh, out-of-the-oven quiche is undoubtedly a family favorite. Even kids love the combination of creamy eggs and cheese, crispy bacon, and a flaky crust! And the best part about quiche? You can cook it ahead of time and pop it in the refrigerator or freezer, then warm it up when you’re ready to serve it. So, whether you’re reheating homemade quiche, leftover quiche, or frozen quiche, the two methods we describe below will help you get a perfect brunch on the table in no time.
How to Reheat a Quiche
There are several options to reheat refrigerated quiche. While most methods work, the oven and microwave seem to be the most popular. But just because they’re both considered an easy “go-to” option to reheat homemade quiche doesn’t mean they both produce the same results.
If you have the time, the oven method is the way to go, especially if you’re wondering how to reheat quiche lorraine. This type of quiche is packed full of bacon that you don’t want to ruin in the microwave. Speaking of time, you might be wondering how long to reheat quiche. Good question! The oven takes about 15 to 20 minutes, while the microwave generally reheats quiche in about three minutes.
How to Reheat Frozen Quiche
Do you have a frozen quiche stashed away in your freezer? If you do, you’re probably wondering how to reheat a frozen quiche. While the method is similar to reheating a refrigerated quiche, the amount of time the quiche needs to stay in the oven is longer. Below, HelloFresh chef Claudia Sidoti shares her six steps to reheat frozen quiche.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the quiche on a baking sheet.
- Cover your quiche with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Allow the quiche to sit for about 15 minutes before removing the foil.
- The quiche is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
How to Reheat Quiche in the Oven
The oven is by far the best method for reheating leftover quiche. Not only does it help retain the flavors of your quiche, but it also preserves the texture of that delicate crust. Lazarus Lynch, host of Food Network’s Comfort Nation and Chopped U, says the oven is his go-to method for keeping the eggs fluffy and crust flaky. As far as how long to reheat quiche in oven, make sure to allow 15 to 20 minutes. Here, Lynch lays out the seven steps he uses to reheat leftover quiche in the oven.
- Start by preheating your oven to about 350°F.
- Take your quiche out of the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature.
- This will ensure your quiche is reheated nice and evenly.
- Place your quiche on a baking sheet and cover the crust with aluminum foil.
- Warm the quiche in the oven for about 15 minutes, depending on the strength of your oven.
- Every oven is unique, so your safest bet is to check the internal temp and take out once your quiche reaches at least 165 degree Fahrenheit.
- Take your quiche out of the oven, transfer to a cool plate, garnish with your favorite herbs, and enjoy!
Can You Reheat Quiche in the Microwave?
The short answer: Yes. While it’s not the best way to reheat leftover quiche, it does work — especially in a pinch. If the microwave is your only option, Lynch says to be aware that reheating any type of egg in the microwave is risky business that usually leads to a rubbery texture and disappointing meal. However, with the right steps, you can retain some moisture and flavor. Here, Lynch shares the fives steps to reheating refrigerated quiche in the microwave.
- Take your quiche out of the refrigerator and let it get to room temperature.
- Set your microwave to a maximum of 50 percent power. This will minimize the chance that your eggs overcook and lose their fluffy texture.
- Place your leftover quiche on a microwave-safe plate and warm for about three minutes.
- If your quiche hasn’t reached your desired temp after three minutes, heat in 30-second increments to avoid overheating.
- Take your quiche out of the microwave, enhance with your favorite herbs or side salad, and dig in!
Wondering what to serve with your leftover quiche? Why not pair it with a side of fresh fruit or a stack of pancakes for the kids — or the kids at heart!