3-Ingredient Keto Egg Cups are the Healthiest Make-Ahead Breakfast for the Girl on the Go
Ain’t nothing easy about dieting — especially if you’re a keto follower and have to forgo your most-loved breakfast foods like bagels and muffins. But luckily, eating keto doesn’t have to be such a drag — and if you’re a busy bee in need of on-the-go options, the diet can actually make your whole life a lot easier when it comes to food choices.
While you still have to skip the toast to keep your low-carb keto diet going, you needn’t stress about having to prepare a full egg breakfast every morning, nor do you have to live with eating hard boiled eggs every single day because, we know, that can get a bit nauseating. Instead, you can be adventurous and try eggs in a totally new way by making these keto-friendly egg cups.
Eggs in a cup, you say? Well, not quite. Egg cups are actually named as such because they’re baked in a muffin tray, forming a cup-like shape. And what’s best about this delicious breakfast option? It keeps in the fridge for up to four days, so you can make these babies ahead of time and have breakfast prepared for (basically) the entire work week. Free at last!
There are plenty of options for making your keto egg cups, and we urge you to try them all and switch it up from time to time! Not only does this ensure that you won’t get bored of your breakfast, but it also guarantees that you’re switching up the nutrients in your diet and providing your body with a variety of much-needed vitamins and minerals. Each week, maybe try a different combination of meats, cheeses, and veggies in your egg cups to maximize the health and weight-loss benefits.
While you can make your egg cups with just three ingredients, you can also choose to add in more meats, cheeses, or veggies per your own preference. And hey, maybe you even add half an avocado to your breakfast each day for an added healthy fat. Get creative! And you can be sure about this — your taste buds will not be complaining. To make our Three-Ingredient Keto Egg Cups, follow the recipe below.
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 to 1 cup meat (like cooked bacon, ham, chicken, ground beef, or turkey) or cheese (like shredded cheddar, Parmesan, Swiss, or mozzarella)
- 1/2 to 1 cup veggies (like chopped spinach, kale, onion, chard, mushroom, broccoli, tomatoes, and peppers)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spices (optional)
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tray with non-stick spray or line it with silicone tray liners.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Whisk in any additional seasonings, like garlic or onion powder.
- Add in your vegetables, meat, and/or cheeses. Mix together well.
- Distribute the mixture into your muffin tray (filling each mold about half way) with a spoon or measuring cup with a spout.
- Make sure that the ingredients are evenly distributed in your cups using a spoon. Top with additional cheese, if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until egg cups are risen and solid. Remove from muffin pan and store in the fridge for up to four days.
ARNICARE FOR PAIN AND BRUISES!
Powered by Arnica montana, Arnicare® is designed to treat muscle pain, swelling, and discoloration from bruising. The unscented gel cools on contact and absorbs quickly into your skin, leaving no sticky or greasy residue, and provides you with the relief you seek. Learn more at Arnicare.com.