One of the most relaxing parts of a long day is stepping into a hot shower and letting the water wash your cares away — if you’ve got one the best showerheads around, that is. Low pressure, weak, trickling showerheads can prove to be more of a nuisance than an enjoyment, but thankfully, there are many different models on the market that can work wonders for a simple upgrade and suit an array of needs, styles, and budgets. We researched hundreds of showerheads before selecting our favorite 10 for this list. Have a look at our brief guide below to help you pick the best of the best for you.
What’s your showerhead style?
There are various types of showerheads available for your bath or shower, depending on your personal style. The main different types are found below.
- Handheld Showerhead: Attached to a hose, a handheld showerhead gives you the flexibility of moving it around wherever it’s convenient. Most can also be fitted on a sliding bar so that you can also have a hands-free option with adjustable height.
- Wall-Mounted Showerhead: This fitted showerhead is affixed to the wall, offering a hands-free experience, but limited mobility.
- Shower Panels: Shower panels are usually multi-purpose fixtures, and can combine handheld, rainfall, and body massage showerheads all in one convenient package.
- Dual Showerhead: Dual showerheads are comprised of a combination of handheld and wall-mounted showerheads.
- Bodys-Spray Showerheads: Another fixed fixture, these showerheads feature several water outputs that spray water through adjustable nozzles at various body levels.
- Rainfall Showerhead: These large showerheads is best for bigger shower areas and is available as a wall-mounted showerhead or even a ceiling mount, releasing water over large spaces to provide a calming, rain-like effect.
- Waterfall Showerheads: Designed to be wall-mountable or attached to a panel, waterfall showerheads release a continuous stream of water that’s similar to an actual waterfall.
In addition to the different types of showerheads, there are also a number of features you should look for when it comes to choosing the correct shower accessory. Some of the most common showerhead features include:
- Water Filters and Softeners: Softeners remove hard minerals such as calcium and limescale from your bathing water.
- Adjustable Pressure: Pressure adjusters allow you to set the firmness of your water to your liking, from softest to hardest.
- Adjustable Stream Type: Select showerheads also let you choose your favorite stream type. Whether you prefer a sprinkler style or a single stream, there’s a device out there that’s just right for you.
- Water-Saving Mode: These showerheads have a switch that allows you to stop the water flow when you don’t need it — i.e. when lathering up the shampoo, or shaving — without you having to turn the tap off and risk losing your heat setting,
Now that you’ve got a better idea of the different types of shower heads and options available, take a look at our list of our favorites. Keep scrolling for FIRST’s picks for the best shower heads on the market today.
We write about products we think our readers will like. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the supplier.
1. Best Handheld Shower Head — Delta Handheld Showerhead
Best Handheld Showerhead — Delta 7-Spray Handheld Showerhead
Where to buy: $29.98, Home Depot
This handheld showerhead by Delta — a trusted brand in the world of bathroom faucets and accessories — has seven different spray settings, WaterSense certification for water conservation, an ergonomic and non-slip handle, easy installation, and rave customer reviews, making it the clear winner for the best handheld showerhead on the market.
Read one of many five-star reviews, “The best hand shower I ever purchased and met my expectations."
Another raved: “I love it. It took five minutes to install. Wish I had done it years ago."
2. Best Luxury Waterfall Shower Head — AKDY Tower Panel Massage Spray
Best Waterfall Showerhead — AKDY Tower Panel Massage Spray
Where to buy: $169.99 (Originally $225.99), Amazon
There’s no reason why shower time luxury should be reserved for vacations in fancy hotels. With the AKDY multi-function shower tower panel, you can have a spa experience every single day from the comfort of your very own home. Choose from overhead rainfall or waterfall options, a massaging body spray, or a handheld showerhead to optimize your shower experience.
“Feels like a spa in the comfort of your home,” read one glowing review.
Added another: “It's like having a spa in my house. The water pressure is phenomenal... The valves are good quality and, after about a month of use, I can't say enough great things about this. We absolutely love it... I highly recommend it.”
Best High-Pressure Shower Head — Wassa High Pressure Shower Head
Best High-Pressure Showerhead — Wassa High Pressure Shower Head
Where to buy: $19.97, Amazon
Apart from stepping into the shower and realizing there’s no hot water, nothing ruins a good shower quite like a lack of water pressure. The Wassa fixed chrome adjustable pressure showerhead is Amazon’s choice for best high-pressure shower head, and more than 3,000 reviewers wholeheartedly agree.
“After trying this thing out for the first time, I was absolutely blown away," one happy customer wrote. "It's like standing at the bottom of a waterfall. I can't say enough [about] what an absolutely amazing product this is. My only regret is that I didn't find it sooner.”
4. Best Rainfall Shower Head — Happy-li Rainfall Showerhead
Best Rainfall Shower Head — Happy-li
Where to buy: $39.97, Amazon
We were so blown away at the low price of this rainfall showerhead, that we thought there must be a catch. As it turns out, however, Happy-li's rainfall showerhead is just a great product at a bargain price. With adjustable flow, and easy-to-clean water nozzles, this extra-large accessory is also easy to install, making it a triple threat that you can start enjoying it as soon as possible.
5. Best Water-Saver Shower Head — Luxsego Ionic Shower Head
Best Water-Saver Showerhead — Luxsego Ionic
Where to buy: $27.98, Amazon
The Luxsego Ionic showerhead boasts micro-nozzle technology that consists of tiny water-saving outlet holes. This, in turn, allows water to come out at a greater speed, increasing the water pressure up to 200 percent while simultaneously using 30 percent less water than other showerheads. Practical, eco-and budget-friendly, this product can be used everywhere — even an RV!
6. Best Shower Head with Filter for Hard Water — AquaHomeGroup Luxury Filtered Shower Head Set
Best Showerhead Filter — AquaHomeGroup
Where to buy: $47.85, Amazon
Another Amazon’s choice product for best filtered showerhead for hard water, AquaHomeGroup's luxury filtered showerhead has a hard-working 15-stage filter with Vitamins C and E to removes chlorine, heavy metals, rust, sand, and other harmful substances, from your shower water — something your skin and hair will thank you for.
“My skin feels better and my hair feels so soft," raved one buyer. "Highly, highly recommend.”
7. Best Shower Head Dual Combo — Pulse Showerspas Kauai III Handshower and Showerhead Combo Kit
Best Showerhead Dual Combo — PULSE Showerspas Kauai III
Where to buy: $254.25, Home Depot
It’s always nice to have options, and the Pulse Showerspas Kauai III rain shower system gives you plenty of them. Working as both a large rain showerhead and a five-setting handheld shower head that you can mount on the integrated slide bar for easy height-adjustment, this device allows you to customize your shower experience depending on your mood. What’s more, there’s a handy built-in soap dish to store your must-have bath products.
8. Best Shower Head for Small Showers — SparkPod Shower Head
Best Showerhead for Small Showers — SparkPod
Where to buy: $29.99, Amazon
No shower space? No problem. “I have a small box shower so there is not much room to move around," one customer wrote of SparkPod's rain showerhead. "This shower head is perfect … It's small but mighty … Feels like a rainfall showerhead. Soft and relaxing, but enough pressure to get the soap out of my long, thick hair.”
9. Best Shower Head According to Consumer Reviews — AquaDance High Pressure Handheld Shower
Best Rated Showerhead — AquaDance High Pressure Handheld Shower
Where to buy: $16.99 (Originally $29.99), Amazon
More than 4,000 customers are raving about the AquaDance high-pressure handheld shower head and it’s not hard to see why. Firstly, at under $17, it’s a total steal. Secondly, the pressure on this thing is phenomenal. It's got an ergonomic grip handle, it’s super easy to clean, and it boasts a water-saving mode. If we had to choose just one element to highlight about this accessory, however, it would be its six easy-to-adjust water spray and pressure settings.
“When AquaDance says ‘high pressure,’ they are NOT kidding and I could NOT be happier,” exclaimed one buyer. “The difference in my shower experience post-installation was like night and day … I've had it installed for eight months now with zero issues.”
10. Best Designer Shower Head — Speakman Signature Icon Shower Head
Best Designer Showerhead — Speakman Signature Icon
Where to buy: $153.99, Amazon
For a timeless fixture that will instantly glamorize any bathroom, have a look at the Speakman Signature Icon Anystream showerhead — a fixture often found in top hotels. This little beauty comes in seven different metal shades and finishes to go with your bathroom décor.
According to purchasers, it also holds up in the functionality department. “High quality, well designed, and most importantly, the shower stream is adequate despite our low-pressure house,” one review reads. “Fully expect this to last the rest of our lifetime.”