We used broccolini in our twist on an Italian classic, but regular broccoli works just as well.
- 12 oz. broccolini, trimmed
- 1 lemon
- 2 (5 oz.) cans tuna in oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 3 radishes
- 2 scallions
- 1 (19 oz.) can cannellini beans
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 pita breads, toasted
- In large pot of salted boiling water, cook broccolini until just tender, about 1 min. Drain; rinse under cold running water until cool. Drain well. Meanwhile, grate 1 tsp. zest and squeeze 2 Tbs. juice from lemon. In large bowl, whisk ¼ cup tuna oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic,¼ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. pepper.
- Thinly sliced radishes and scallions. Rinse and drain beans. Drain tuna, reserving ¼ cup oil. Place broccolini, beans, tomatoes, radishes and scallions in large bowl. Add lemon-garlic dressing; toss until coated. Tear pita bread; place along edge of platter. Top with broccolini mixture and tuna. If desired, garnish with mint leaves.