Take a break from the same old pesto with our new-fashioned version featuring pea, mint and parsley — perfectly complemented by slices of smoky chorizo.
- 8 oz. fettuccine pasta
- 1½ cups frozen peas, thawed, drained
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves + additional
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 links smoked chorizo sausage, 3.5 oz., sliced
- ¼ cup whole natural almonds, toasted, chopped
- Parmesan shavings
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to pot.
- Meanwhile, in food processor, process peas, ½ cup mint, parsley, oil, grated Parmesan, lemon juice and garlic until almost smooth.
- Coat 12” nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add chorizo; cook until lightly browned, about 2 min. per side. Stir pea mixture, chorizo and reserved cooking liquid into pasta until combined. Transfer to serving bowl. Top with almonds, Parmesan shavings and additional mint.