Questions? Reach us at email@example.com
If, like me, you’ve found yourself at some point during this pandemic with a pair of scissors in your hand and a (normally) short-haired loved one’s shaggy head presented gamely in front of you, you’re going to want to go ahead and order Wahl’s Professional Sterling 4 Clippers ($94.99, Amazon) right now, before they sell out. (Several other models of Wahl clippers are already out of stock, so seriously — hurry.)
Don’t be scared off by the word “professional” in the name, or by the fact that the product description states, “the Sterling 4 Clipper is intended for professional use only.” When we can’t go to the professionals, we become the professionals. You can do this! And these Wahl clippers are just the equipment you need to maintain all the buzz-cuts, pixies, and fades growing out during quarantine.
These clippers can be used on wet or dry hair, and feature a powerful motor that cuts hair quickly and cleanly — no tugging or going over spots again and again. All you need to do is adjust the blade lever to the desired length, and you’re all set to trim away!
Six different cutting guides are included, plus an adjustable taper lever, a styling comb, oil, cleaning brush, and a full set of operating instructions. (Note that they are not cordless, so you will need an outlet to plug into.) Your bathroom (or kitchen, or porch) will rival a professional salon in no time!
Let’s see what the Amazon reviewers wrote:
- “I am not a professional, but I cut my boys’ hair with these, and noticed a big difference from my old set. They don’t feel cheap … they did not pull hair and the attachments fit nicely. The value is great, they pay for themselves after two cuts.”
- “It’s powerful, cuts cleanly and quickly, and the round cord eliminates twists.”
- “As a hair stylist in a busy salon, I need clippers that can keep up with me. These are quiet, and slide right through the hair.”
- “Lots of power to cut thick hair. Our old clippers would bog down and pull the hair. The cut length attachments work well, and are easy to put on the unit.”
- “I purchased my Sterling from Amazon about six years ago, and it works today as it did on day one. Perhaps I’m not a heavy user (once a week) but this product has performed flawlessly for me. I’ve replaced the blade twice and other than that, I’ve had to do nothing. It just keeps going.”
One thing several reviewers did mention is that they wished the clippers came with a case. But don’t worry — we’ve found the perfect sturdy case to fit these Wahl clippers, and it’s just $13.99 on Amazon!
With these clippers, you might just find that the short-coiffed in your life never need to go to the barber again, even after stay-at-home restrictions are lifted!
Where to buy: $94.99, Amazon
First For Women aims to feature only the best products and services. We update when possible, but deals expire and prices can change. If you buy something via one of our links, we may earn a commission. Questions? Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org