At-home hair dying is as hot a quarantine hobby as baking bread and making almond lattes. But even if you read and follow all the instructions, DIY-ing your hair color can be tricky. The folks over at Avon know that, and are not only offering up a quality coloring kit that includes all the essentials to dye your own hair, but their expert advice and troubleshooting tips for free over the phone.
The Avon Call A Colorist feature allows you to dial up a licensed stylist before — or even during — your at-home color session. They’ll walk you through the process of applying their fan-favorite Avon CHI Essentials color kit, so you won’t have to worry about missing a spot or getting it wrong.
How to get started:
- Purchase an Avon CHI Essentials Permanent Color Kit. Formulated with aloe, silk, olive oil, and other natural extracts, you can be sure you’re lathering up with quality ingredients that are healthy for your hair. The dye is completely paraben-free, PABA-free, phthalate-free, sulfate-free, and ammonia-free, so no icky chemical smell. It comes in 12 shades that won’t fade for up to eight weeks.
- Call 1-800-237-9175 (English & Spanish) or 514 547-1311 (French) to speak with your complimentary stylist. They’ll help you unbox the color kit and guide you through the process of covering grays and brightening your mane. It might get a little messy, but that’s what speakerphone is for, right?
- Enjoy your salon-free summer look, knowing you accomplished it at home (with just a tiny bit of help)!
Everything you get:
- Bottle of color, 2 fl. oz.
- Developer, 2.5 fl. oz.
- CHI Essential Shampoo, 1 fl. oz.
- CHI Essential Serum, .5 fl. oz.
- Pair of gloves
- Shower cap
“Most boxed color kits use ammonia in their color which harshly opens up the cuticle and dries out your hair. They are also inconsistent in PH so you never know what color you’re going to end up with,” explains CHI stylist Melissa Gonzalez. “With the Avon CHI Essentials, you can be confident in knowing it’s gentle and safe for your hair.”
One Avon reviewer raved, “I have now used the CHI hair color 4 times and I will never go back! I LOVE this product!! It is easy to use, colors evenly, and covers the grey! Plus you get little travel size shampoo, conditioner, and hair serums in every box…bonus!”