Every good meal needs a good salad to go with it — so what better way to kick off summer than with a yummy recipe from Food Network star Alex Guarnaschelli? Closer Weekly exclusively chatted with the TV personality and chef about ways to spruce up your typical lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and onion medley, and she taught us how to make a yummy Mexican street corn salad using Woodbridge wines and Jacobsen salts. Watch the clip of Alex making the salad above!
Easy enough, right? Now it’s time to make it yourself — check out the full recipe for Mexican Street Corn Salad below!
Mexican Street Corn Salad
Prep time: 15-20 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Servings: 2-4
Corn and Woodbridge Chardonnay Salt Ingredients
- 8 whole medium ears of corn, shucked
- ¾ cup sugar
- Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi x Jacobsen Chardonnay Salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, lightly crushed and toasted
Woodbridge Sauvignon Blanc Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 2 cups Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons (1 large lemon) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 scant cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
(Photo Credit: Woodbridge)
- Cook and clean the corn: Bring 4 quarts of water to a rolling boil and add the sugar and 2 tablespoons of Woodbridge Chardonnay Salt. Hold each ear of corn upright with one end on the cutting board and the other in your non-cutting hand. Use a sharp chef’s knife to shave off the kernels in rows from the cob. Cut close to the core so that the kernels remain relatively whole but not so close that you end up taking fibrous pieces of the cob with you. Repeat with all of the corn.
- Make the wine salt mix: In a small bowl, combine the paprika and coriander with 2 teaspoons of the Woodbridge Chardonnay Salt. Set aside.
- Reduce the wine: In a medium pot, reduce the Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Sauvignon Blanc over medium heat until the liquid measures 1/4 cup, 10-12 minutes. Stir in the honey. Cool.
- Make the vinaigrette: In a large bowl, whisk together the reduced Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Sauvignon Blanc, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Assemble the salad: In the bowl with the vinaigrette, toss the corn and add wine salt-spice mixture, basil, and arugula. Arrange on a large serving platter. Top with feta cheese. Enjoy!
This recipe originally appeared on our sister site, Closer Weekly.