Whether you loved school or hated it, chances are good that you had a teacher you loved. Someone who helped you understand a tough topic, introduced you to a great book, took a special interest in you or made a boring topic a bit more interesting. One way teachers do that is with a bit of humor. Maybe that’s why there are so many teacher jokes out there!
What are teacher jokes?
Teacher jokes can take a variety of forms, from puns and riddles to cartoons, Q and As and more —all designed to inject humor into the life of a teacher. That’s a good thing, since research shows that kids learn more when teachers use humor in the classroom. So as we head back to school, we have rounded up 25 of the best teacher jokes to help them get back in the groove. These jokes will have you laughing all the way to fall break!
- Never date an apostrophe. They’re too possessive.
- Last night my classroom was broken into, and all of the dictionaries were stolen. I’m at a loss for words.
- Q: What do you say to comfort a grammar teacher?
- A: There, their, they’re.
- Q: What’s the difference between a cat and a comma?
- A: One has claws at the end of its paws. The other is a pause at the end of a clause.
- One tectonic plate bumped into another one and said: “Oops, my fault!”
- A neutron walks into a bar and asks the bartender for a drink. The bartender responds: “For you, no charge.”
- An atom was sitting outside the lab crying. A second atom came over and asked if the first atom was OK. The first atom replied, “I think I’ve lost an electron,” to which the second atom asked, “Are you positive?”
- Q: Does anyone know any jokes about sodium?
- A: Na
- There’s a fine line between a numerator and a denominator. Only a fraction of you will get this.
- Q: Who’s the king of the classroom?
- A: The ruler!
- Q:Why was the geometry class always tired?
- A: Because they were all out of shape.
- Q: Why was the fraction skeptical about marrying the decimal?
- A: Because he would have to convert.
- Parallel lines have so much in common…It’s a shame they’ll never meet.
- A globe means the world to a geography teacher.
- My friend knows how to read maps better than anyone. He’s a legend.
- Teacher: What did they do at the Boston Tea Party?
- Student: I don’t know, I wasn’t invited!
- Q: How was the Roman Empire cut in half?
- A: With a pair of Caesars!
- Q: Why was Anne Boleyn’s ghost always chasing after Henry VIII?
- A: She was trying to get ahead.
Funny student jokes
Child: I think we need a new teacher.
Mom: Why’s that?
Child: Our teacher doesn’t know anything! She keeps asking us for the answers…
Teacher: You missed school yesterday, didn’t you?
Student: Not really.
Student: “Teacher, you wouldn’t punish me for something I didn’t do, right?”
Teacher: “Of course not.”
Student: “Good! Because I didn’t do my homework.”
Click through the links below for more laughs!