Many of us resolve to make healthier choices in the new year — even celebrities! But not everyone is on board with starting new healthy habits, as Ina Garten proved when she teased Reese Witherspoon about her resolutions.
Garten’s teasing came after Witherspoon shared her goals for the year in an Instagram video. The Wild actress explained how she had been thinking more about daily habits and how to be just “one percent better” every day, and shared four things she plans to do in order to get there:
- Start the day with a big glass of water.
- Get 10 mins of outdoor light.
- Spend 30–60 mins reading without distraction every day.
- In bed by 10 pm. *no late night TV binges. Try to get 8 hours of rest!
These don’t sound too ambitious, as most of these activities are easy to incorporate. (I can even see how they’d make me feel better every day if I tried them!) But not according to the Barefoot Contessa, who saw Witherspoon’s list and made some suggestions as to how she’d rather spend her time.
“…that sounds great but I’m probably not doing any of those things! LOL!! My formula is easier to follow,” Garten said before listing her suggestions:
- Drink more large cosmos.
- Stay up late watching addictive streaming series.
- Stay in bed in the morning playing Sudoku instead of reading a good book.
- Spend more time (safely) with people you love.
She concluded, “In a pandemic, I do what I can!”
Are you more of a Reese Witherspoon or Ina Garten when it comes to resolutions? I think a mixture of both is definitely the sweet spot!