Most people take pride in making sure their homes are presentable, comfortable, and welcoming to guests; however, some of us like to take that extra step in ensuring our homes’ interiors look like one giant Pinterest board.
Whether you find yourself making weekly trips to HomeGoods for “just one more throw pillow” or you’re well known among your friends for stopping at each and every yard sale you see, there’s a good chance you’re a home-decor enthusiast. So, if you want to verify your passion for all things interior design, we’ve rounded up 12 things you’ll only understand if you’re obsessed with decorating.
Pinterest chevron pattern
1. You spend more time with Pinterest than you do with humans.
It's not an addiction, you just really, really, really like chevron. And wicker. And mason jars. Besides, your Pinterest boards can never disappoint you the way people can, right?
Target decor is life
2. Target is LIFE.
Also: HomeGoods, Pier 1, IKEA, Cost Plus World Market, Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, Z Gallerie, a little Anthrolopogie here and there... Do we really need to explain this one?
Indoor plants wicker chair
3. Indoor plants are also life.
There's an indoor plant solution for every room of the house! And there's no such thing as too many ferns, trust us.
Home section of store
4. You make a beeline for the home decor section.
It doesn't matter if you originally went there to get bread, or toothpaste, or even medicine. If that store has a home department, by golly, you're heading there first.
Instagram decor feed
5. Interior design pics make up 98% of your Instagram feed.
Because having 40 separate Pinterest boards isn't enough.
Spend money decor
6. It's possible you spend a little too much money on pretty things for your home.
Maybe. You reevaluate your purchasing decisions every time the credit card statement arrives, but then you re-reevaulate when you walk past your most recent lamp purchase. Worth. Every. Penny.
Self control leaving target
7. When you leave the store with fewer than 10 things, you think you deserve a medal.
Just give Target's Dollar Spot a wide berth or you're going to need assistance getting out of the store.
Blue decor dining room
8. All of your friends ask you for decorating advice.
And at least three people have asked you why you don't just start your own interior design business. It's a good question, really.
9. You only buy candles for decoration.
Matches? Why would we have matches? Candles are for seeing and smelling, not burning.
Coffee table book decor
10. You spend $$$ on coffee table books you'll never read.
But they're color-coded!
Pop into target one thing
11. Every year, your New Year's resolution is to save more money.
It's the thought that counts, right?
Buy soft decor items
12. You don't understand spending money on clothes when you could spend it on rugs, curtains, pillows, and throws.
Why buy clothes when they're going to go out of style next season?
This article was originally published on our sister site, Homes to Love.