8 Washer and Dryer Sets That Will Make Laundry a Breeze
Questions? Reach us at email@example.com
You’ll never regret the day you decide to invest in the best washer and dryer set for your home. With all the new technology these machines are equipped with, your laundry time will not only be cut in half, the amount of effort and exertion you have to extend toward the task will be virtually non-existent. Long-gone are the days of having to dedicate hours upon hours of your life to get the job done. With these high-tech machines, you can have clean clothes in just an hour or two, and even enjoy the process — we swear!
What are the best washer and dryer combo sets?
There are a lot of different styles of washer and dryer sets on the market, and the combo you settle on will be highly dependent on your needs. There are a few main things you need to think about when it comes to selecting the best washer and dryer set for you, however.
- Top or front loading? If you’d rather not bend down to do your washing, a top-loading washer and dryer could be the best fit for your home. In addition to their convenience factor, top loaders can also keep curious children and pets at bay.
- Stackable or side by side? Many choose to stack their appliances on top of each other to save space, but it’s not the only benefit these sets offer. Stackable washers and dryers can also lessen the amount of bending over you’ll need to do and make transferring clothes from the washer to the dryer a breeze.
- Large or small capacity? While smaller capacity washer and dryers tend to be far more cost-efficient and will serve just fine for smaller households, those with larger families may find that large-capacity washer and dryers are more economical in the long run.
- Gas or electric? If you’re able to shell out the extra dough that a gas dryer may require and have the capacity to add a vent to your laundry room (a necessity for all gas appliances), this option save you both time and money in the long run, thanks to its shorter drying times and lower upkeep costs.
- Basic or smart technology? If the idea of operating your washer and dryer wirelessly via your smartphone is appealing to you, you may want to look into a smart washer and dryer. There are also a few other added perks, including special doors for forgotten laundry while a machine is in operation.
With all of these questions in mind, we combed through countless washer and dryer sets to find eight of the best bundles to suit every budget and lifestyle. Keep scrolling for FIRST for Women’s picks for the best washer and dryer sets.
We write about products we think our readers will like. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the supplier.
1. Best Stackable Washer/Dryer Set — GE Energy Star Washing Machine and Electric Vented Dryer
Best Stackable Washer and Dryer Set — GE Energy Star
Where to buy: $1,798 for set, Home Depot
This stackable front loading GE washing machine ($899) and dryer ($899) have so many perks, we don’t even know where to start! The washing machine can complete a full load in just 37 minutes, while the dryer has a moisture sensor, allowing it to detect when clothes are fully dry to end its cycle. You can easily stack them on top of each other or leave them side by side. What's more, thanks to an "adaptive vibration control" feature, you can even optimize your appliance's spin patterns for your floor type in order to reduce any noisy shaking. Clever, huh?
Capacity: Washer 4.5 cubic feet., Dryer 7.5 cubic feet
2. Most Affordable Washer/Dryer Set — Kenmore Washer & Deep Fill Electric Dryer
Cheapest Washer and Dryer Set — Kenmore Washer and Electric Dryer Bundle
Where to buy: $799.98 (Originally $1,179.98), Sears
For the average price of just one washing or drying appliance, you can get both courtesy of this Kenmore electric bundle. Designed to keep your fabrics in top condition, this set is a bargain if we ever saw one. Its top-loading washer is well-equipped to handle large loads, while its dual-action agitator ensures that clothing is evenly balanced with heavier items, such as bedding. As for the dryer, there are plenty of handy features, such as a convenient wrinkle guard to protect against creases. You also have the option of air-drying your clothes inside the dryer for that outdoor fresh feel.
Capacity: Washer 3.5 cubic feet, Dryer 6.5 cubic feet
3. Quietest Washer/Dryer Set — Electrolux Energy Star Front Load Washer and Dryer
Quietest Washer and Dryer Set — Electrolux Energy Star
Where to buy: $1,256 for set (Originally $1,698), Home Depot
Say "so long" to the days of not being able to hear yourself above your clunky washing machine or dryer. With the Electrolux washer ($628) and dryer bundle, you'll barely notice the sound of your laundry running — even if the machines are situated near your living room or bedroom! Both come in the standard 27-inch size, so they can fit practically anywhere. They can even be stacked to save even more precious real estate in smaller homes. For added ease of mind, the washer comes with a 10-year motor and lifetime tub warranty and the dryer has a three-year warranty on its parts with a one-year warranty on labor.
Capacity: Washer 4.3 cubic feet, Dryer 8 cubic feet
4. Best Washer and Gas Dryer Set — Maytag Washer and Gas Dryer
Best Gas Dryer Set — Maytag
Where to buy: $1,396 (Originally $1,898.00) for set, Home Depot
If you’ve heard about all the time, energy, and money-saving perks that come along with having a gas dryer, picking up a set that includes one, like Maytag's high-efficiency top-load washing machine ($648) and vented gas dryer ($748) bundle, will likely be a no-brainer. This washer isn't too shabby, either, with an array of handy characteristics, i.e. a “PowerWash” agitator to remove and break up any stubborn stains and a cycle boost that will add heated water whenever necessary. What’s more, automatic sensors can adjust the water level to your load for eco-friendly cleaning.
Capacity: Washer 4.7 cubic feet, Dryer 7.4 cubic feet
Quickest Washer/Dryer Set — Samsung 5. Fingerprint Resistant Smart Washing Machine and Electric Dryer
Fastest Washer and Dryer Set — Samsung Fingerprint Resistant Smart Washing Set
Where to buy: From $1,556 (Originally $2,198) for set, Home Depot
A full wash in less than 30 minutes and lightning-quick moisture-sense drying, all in one bundle? It sounds too good to be true, but Samsung's fingerprint-resistant washing machine ($778) and dryer set (from $778) offers up just that. The steam washing option of the former will remove tough stains and sanitize your clothes — it removes 99.9 percent of germs and bacteria, 90 percent of pollen, and 100 percent of dust mites! Both appliances are also Wi-Fi enabled, allowing you to stop or start your load from the couch, schedule a dry, or receive an alert when your clothes are finished. The doors are reversible to suit your space and the finish is fingerprint-proof, making for one less chore to cross off of your list.
Capacity: Washer 4.5 cubic feet, dryer 7.5 cubic feet
6. Largest Capacity Washer/Dryer Set — LG Washer with Steam and Steam Dryer
Largest Capacity Washer and Dryer Set — LG Washer and Steam Dryer
Where to buy: $2,699.92 (Originally $2,999.99), Sears
If your laundry day consists of multiple rounds of loading and unloading, you’ll be thanking your lucky stars for the large capacity LG washer and steam dryer. Boasting one of the largest load capacities on the market, the washer has room enough for a king-size comforter plus a full set of bedding — all in a single load! And, as if that wasn’t enough, you can also choose its TurboWash setting to cleanse clothes even quicker, saving time, water, and energy. The Sensor Dry system, meanwhile, automatically selects its optimal drying time, so you can literally just turn it on and go.
Capacity: Washer 5.2 cubic feet, Dryer 9 cubic feet
7. Best Multifunction Washer/Dryer Set — Samsung FlexWash Washer and FlexDry Dryer
Best Multifunction Washer and Dryer Set — Samsung FlexWash and FlexDry
Where to buy: from From $3,148, Samsung
Just when we thought washer and dryers couldn’t possibly get any smarter, Samsung introduced us to its FlexWash (from $1,529) and FlexDry set (from $1,619). Forget top-loading or front-loading machines — these bad boys are both! For smaller loads, you can use the top eco-friendly and energy-efficient compartments, while front-loading portals are available for those normal-to-large load days. The top compartment of the dryer can also be used for flat-drying your delicates to keep them in optimal condition. Best of all, you can operate and schedule your new system via Wi-Fi and monitor remaining cycle times — your phone will receive notifications when clothes are complete.
Capacity: Washer 5.5 cubic feet, Dryer 7.5 cubic feet
8. Best Washer and Dryer System — Whirlpool Gas Stacked Laundry Center
Best Washer and Dryer Set — Whirlpool Gas Stacked Laundry Center
Where to buy: $1,424 (Originally $1,499), Lowes
Instead of two separate machines, you might prefer one that does it all, and you've met your match in the Whirlpool stacked laundry center. With nine wash cycles, a rinse cycle, and four drying cycles, this dual-purpose machine allows you to customize your laundry experience to best suit your needs. Bleach, detergent and softener are dispersed at just the right time, and the dryer stops automatically upon completion. What's not to love?
Capacity: Washer 3.5 cubic feet, Dryer 5.9 cubic feet