11 Vacuums Under $100 That Will Rid Your Home of Dirt in a Hurry
Questions? Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacuum cleaners don’t have to cost a pretty penny to get the job done. There are plenty of affordable models that will perform just as well —if not better! — than their pricier counterparts… if you know where to find them. We’ve done the digging for you to come up with 11 of the best vacuum cleaners under $100 with superb customer ratings, so you can have a nice clean house without making a dent in your bank account.
How to Choose a Vacuum Cleaner
It’s important to decide what features and characteristics will best suit your needs before purchasing a vacuum in order to get the most bang bang for your buck. Here are a few pointers:
- Choose the type of vacuum you want: Each type of vacuum has its pros and cons, making the best type a matter of personal preference. An upright vacuum, for instance, will provide a practically effortless cleaning experience, but its bulkier frame may be more difficult to store away discreetly. A lightweight canister vacuum, on the other hand, while easy to store, may require a little extra bending over and the stick attachment may need a tad more elbow grease to operate on carpet. Robotic and handheld vacuums are also available, though the former type tends to be rather pricey. Handheld vacuums are great for cleaning up smaller messes, but not ideal for vacuuming the whole house.
- Choose a corded or cordless model: If you could do without the hassle of plugging and unplugging your vacuum cleaner into various sockets as you move about the house — particularly as you make your way up the stairs — you’ll love a cordless vacuum. These usually come in lightweight stick versions. The downside? Their battery doesn’t last very long, so if you forget to charge it and need to quickly vacuum the house, you may be left in a lurch.
- Choose a bagged or bagless model: If you prefer to do away with the bane of changing your vacuum’s dirt bag, you can opt for a bagless vacuum. After use, simply empty the canister directly into the dumpster, and your vacuum will be ready to go. A bagged option might be better for allergy sufferers, however, as bags can keep dust better contained during the emptying process.
A few other features to look out for are size, weight, and extra attachments, which can be used for everything from getting at hard-to-reach corners, dusting shelves, and even cleaning soft furnishings.
The Best Vacuum Cleaners Under $100
Now that you know what to look for, it’s time to pick out your perfect vacuum. We’ve rounded up a slew of options that will check all of the above boxes from top brands, including Bissell, Dirt Devil, and Black + Decker, plus a few new favorites. Keep scrolling for FIRST’s picks for the best vacuum cleaners under $100.
We write about products we think our readers will like. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the supplier.
1. Best Vacuum Cleaner Under $100 — Bissell 9595A CleanView Bagless Vacuum
Best Bagless Vacuum Cleaner Under $100 — Bissell CleanView
Where to buy: $91.20 (Originally $99.99), Amazon
More than 8,500 five star-reviewers are raving about the Bissell CleanView bagless vacuum cleaner. Its OnePass technology means you'll only have to make (you guessed it!) one pass across your carpet or floor to suck up dirt, greatly cutting down on vacuuming time. There's no need for a vacuum bag either, since the removable dirt tank can be emptied directly into the trash, while a separate foam tank filter can be washed in the sink. It’s easy to use, fast, and has a powerful, cyclonic suction — all for less than $100!
11. Best Bagged Vacuum Cleaner Under $100 — BISSELL Zing 2154A Bagged Canister Vacuum
Best Bagged Vacuum Cleaner Under $100 — BISSELL Zing 2154A
Where to buy: $59.99, Amazon
Some people — especially those with allergies — just feel better knowing that their dirt has been sucked up into an air-tight filtered vacuum bag with no means of escape. If this sounds like you, we’ve got the perfect bagged option at a jaw-dropping price. Bissell's Zing 2154A bagged canister vacuum — an Amazon choice product — has powerful suction for cleaning up messes both large and small and a no-mess bag removal system that allows you to swap it out in mere seconds. There's even a full bag indicator to alert you when it's time to be changed!
4. Best Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner Under $100 — Dirt Devil Razor UD70355B Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Best Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner Under $100 — Dirt Devil Razor
Where to buy: $82.89 (Originally $119.99), Amazon
At just 12 pounds, the Dirt Devil Razor is lightweight enough to carry with you from room to room — even when you're headed up and down stairs. Its swivel design effortlessly maneuvers around and under furniture, getting all those hard-to-reach areas other vacuums miss. It works equally well on carpets and hardwood, and its speciality is pet hair, which it sucks up off floors with ease. Meanwhile, a special pet tool attachment removes fur from furniture and upholstery.
5. Best Cordless Vacuum Cleaner Under $100 — Hikeren 12000 PA Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
Best Cordless Vacuum Cleaner Under $100 — Hikeren
Where to buy: $99.99 (Originally $109.99), Amazon
A cordless vacuum cleaner can prove to be extremely convenient, saving you the hassle of hunting down a free power outlet and keeping you safe from wayward cords. This two-in-one bagless stick and handheld vacuum by Hikeren not only operates without a cord, it has a large range of motion, moving up-and-down and side-to-side in equal measure and folding down almost flat to fit under the furniture. This machine can vacuum for up to 40 minutes without needing a power boost and will be charged and ready for use again in four to five hours.
6. Best Upright Vacuum Cleaner Under $100 — Hoover T-Series UH70120 WindTunnel Rewind Plus Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Best Upright Vacuum Cleaner Under $100 — Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Rewind
Where to buy: $89.99, Amazon
Hoover has really thought of everything with its T-Series WindTunnel Rewind Plus. With a high-efficiency particle air (HEPA) filter that traps 99.7 percent of dirt, allergens, dust, and pollens, five different height adjustment settings, a 25-foot retractable cord, and a no-scuff bumper to protect your furniture and walls, you won't want for anything from this do-it-all machine. There are also several included attachments to make your life easier, such as an extension wand, a crevice tool, and an upholstery brush. We're beginning to see why it has more than 7,500 positive reviews on Amazon!
7. Best Canister Vacuum Cleaner Under $100 — Bissell Zing Canister 2156A Vacuum
Best Canister Vacuum Cleaner Under $100 — Bissell Zing Canister 2156A
Where to buy: $59.99, Amazon
If you’re more of a canister vacuum person, you’ll love the Bissell Zing 2156A: It is Amazon’s choice for this type of vacuum cleaner, after all! It has powerful suction thanks to its cyclonic action, and provides continuous suction on both hardwood floors and carpeting, getting that dirt out with minimal effort. Particularly helpful is the easy-emptying dirt tank, which opens from the bottom for quick release.
8. Best Stick Vacuum Cleaner Under $100 — JASHEN Stick Vacuum Cleaner
Best Stick Vacuum Cleaner Under $100 — JASHEN
Where to buy: $99.99, Amazon
The powerful JASHEN stick vacuum cleaner has no cord, no vacuum bag, and no extra weight. Its rechargeable battery lasts up to 40 minutes on a single charge, and it can go from carpet to hardwood with the switch of a button. A three-stage filtration system also makes it a great choice for allergy sufferers, making it our favorite stick vacuum of the bunch.
9. Best Bagless Vacuum Cleaner Under $100 — Eureka NEU182A PowerSpeed Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
Best Large Capacity Vacuum Cleaner Under $100 — Eureka PowerSpeed
Where to buy: $70.05, Amazon
As Amazon’s choice for best bagless vacuum cleaner, Eureka has created a model with double the dust-holding capacity of most other bagless vacuums — it holds an impressive 4.1 liters of dirt before it will need to be emptied. Lightweight and easy to maneuver, this machine also comes with an array of accessories to easily and thoroughly clean your home from floor to ceiling.
10. Best Robot Vacuum Cleaner Under $100 — Icoco Automatic Robot Vacuum Cleaner
Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaner Under $100 — Icoco Automatic Robot Vacuum Cleaner
Where to buy: From $82.99, Amazon
Robotic vacuums are all the rage, and it's no wonder: You can operate them while sitting on the couch and exerting zero energy. In fact, you can even set them to clean your house when you’re not at home. While most will run you well into the hundreds (and sometimes even thousands!), Icoco's automatic robot vacuum cleaner is an anomaly. Despite its low price tag, this little thing works well on all floor types and has fall-sensing technology to keep it from tumbling down the stairs. When it's through, it will quietly self-dock into its charging station. Easy, peasy!
2. Best Vacuum Cleaner Under $75 — Ovente ST2620B Bagless Canister Cyclonic Vacuum
Best Vacuum Cleaner Under $75 — Ovente Canister Cyclonic Vacuum
Where to buy: $77.61, Amazon
For under $75, you sure do get a lot of attachments with the Ovente canister cyclonic! In addition to a two-setting floor nozzle, it comes with a crevice and bristle brush, a furniture nozzle, a special pet hair brush for your sofa and furnishings, and a multi-angle brush that allows you to vacuum tall furniture and the ceiling. In addition, its HEPA filtration system traps 99.7 percent of allergens and dust mites, ensuring that they won’t be released into the air again when you empty the tank.
3. Best Vacuum Cleaner Under $50 — Black+Decker BDASP103 AIRSWIVEL Lightweight Upright Cleaner
Best Vacuum Cleaner Under $50 — Black + Decker Pet Vacuum
Where to buy: $49.99 (Originally $79.99), Amazon
Amazon's No. 1 best-selling Black + Decker pet vacuum is a total steal at less than $50 — so much so that we did a double-take when we saw the price! For starters, it has a convenient, ergonomic handle and swivel steering to effortlessly zip around corners, doors, and furniture. What's more, pet hair won't stand a chance against its pet hair brush attachment. A large 2-liter dust cup means you won’t have to empty it after every use, and filters are readily washable. What's not to love?