John Paul Urizar - Staff
This easy Thai-inspired taco recipe would be the perfect summer dinner.
- Juice, 2 limes
- 1 tbsp kecap manis
- 2 cm ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp chili paste
- 1 lb beef rump steak
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 oz cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, seeded, diced
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 6 oz baby-leaf salad mix with beetroot
- 2 tbsp Thai-style salad dressing
- 8 mini tortillas
- 1/4 c roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- Sweet chili sauce, to serve
In a medium bowl, combine lime juice, kecap manis, ginger, fish sauce, and chili paste. Add beef. Marinate 30 minutes at room temperature.
In a large frying pan, heat oil on high. Remove beef from marinade and cook 3-4 minutes each side (depending on thickness) for medium rare. Set aside on a plate, loosely covered with foil, 5 minutes to rest. Slice thinly.
In small bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, and 1/4 of the coriander. Season. In large bowl, combine salad mix, remaining coriander and dressing.
Heat tortillas following packet instructions. Fill each with a handful of salad, beef, tomato salsa, and sprinkle of peanuts. Accompany with sweet chili sauce, if liked.