Crisp tortilla strips add crunch to spiced-just-right broth chock-full of chicken, corn, and tomatoes.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 4 c low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can petite cut diced tomatoes with chipotle chiles
- 1 (8") flour tortilla, cut into 1/2" strips
- 2 c shredded cooked chicken
- 1 c frozen corn, thawed
- Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large pot over medium heat. Add next 3 ingredients; cook 5 min., stirring occasionally. Add broth, tomatoes with juices and ¼ tsp. salt; cook 10−15 min. until flavors blend.
Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat. In batches, add tortilla strips; cook 2−3 min. until crisp, stirring often; drain. Add chicken and corn to soup; cook 2 min. If desired, garnish with cilantro, jalapeños and sliced peppers.