Food & Photo
Boxed cake mix and prepared dulce de leche make these dreamy treats a cinch to whip up.
- 1 (15.25 oz.) pkg. dark chocolate fudge cake mix, divided
- 1/3 c oil
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 c milk chocolate toffee bits
- 1 1/2 c butter, at room temp.
- 1 c canned dulce de leche
- 2 1/2 c confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 c milk
- 1/2 c caramel sundae topping
- 24 mini pretzels
Heat oven to 350°F. Line muffin cups with cupcake liners.
Prepare cake mix according ot package directions with 1 cup water, oil, and eggs; stir in toffee bits. Divide among liners.
Bake 18-21 min. or until done. Cool 15 min. Transfer to racks to cool.
With mixer on medium speed, beat butter until fluffy.
Add dulce de leche; beat until combined. Beat in confectioners' sugar, then milk until fluffy. Transfer to pastry bag fitted with star tip. Pipe over cupcakes.
Drizzle frosting with caramel topping. Top each cupcake with mini pretzel.