This hearty veggie-packed pasta is a great way to stretch 1 cup of pepperoni into a satisfying, budget-friendly dinner for four.
- 8 oz. ziti pasta
- 1 c. diced pepperoni (4 oz.)
- 1 zucchini (8 oz.) cut into 1/4"-thick slices
- 2 c. cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 c. pesto sauce
- 1/4 c. olive oil & vinegar salad dressing
- 1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c. fresh basil leaves
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water. Meanwhile, in 12" nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook pepperoni, stirring occasionally, 4–5 min., until lightly browned. With slotted spoon, transfer to large bowl; reserve.
In drippings in skillet, cook zucchini, turning, 2–4 min. per side, until browned and crisp-tender; add to pepperoni in bowl with pasta, tomatoes, pesto, dressing and reserved cooking water; toss well. Top with cheese and basil.
This recipe originally appeared in our print magazine.