These easy lettuce wraps would make a perfect summer dinner recipe.
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. pork mince
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 long green chili seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 long red chili seeds removed, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 5 cm piece fresh ginger peeled, grated
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/2 c. kecap manis
- 1/4 c. chopped water chestnuts
- 1 butter lettuce leaves separated
- 2 green onions sliced
In a large wok or frying pan, heat oil on high. Stir-fry mince, onion, green and red chili, ginger, and garlic, breaking up lumps, 5-6 mins until the mince is well browned.
Add kecap manis and water chestnuts. Stir-fry a further 1 min.
Spoon mince mixture into lettuce cups. Top with green onion and extra chili, to serve.
Tip: If you like, heat up frozen steamed rice as an accompaniment, or turn the pork mixture into a quick fried rice by adding corn kernels, sliced green onion, and a chopped egg omelette to the rice.