This easy sausage and veggie minestrone soup recipe requires only 20 minutes of prep time. Let your slow cooker do all the hard work here!
- 1 lb. Italian sausage cut into 1⁄2" slices
- 1 lb. potatoes peeled and diced
- 3 carrots cut into 1" pieces
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tsp. dry Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3 (14.5 oz.) cans low- sodium beef broth
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (5 oz.) pkg. kale mix
In 5- to 7-qt. slow cooker, combine first 8 ingredients. Stir in broth and tomatoes with their juices.
Cover; cook on low 6 hrs. until vegetables are tender and sausage is no longer pink, adding kale mix during last 10 min.
Health bonus: Prevent muscle loss with kale. Plant compounds in this green switch on metabolic pathways to improve muscle strength in 10 days.