Espresso gives this chocolate bundt recipe a lively, tasty spin.
- 1 (16.5 oz.) pkg. devil’s food cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 c. no-sugar-added applesauce
- 1 tbsp. instant espresso powder
- 2 c. grated zucchini squeezed dry
- 1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder sifted
- 1/4 c. sugar
Heat oven to 350°F. Coat 12-cup bundt pan with baking spray with flour. With mixer, beat first 4 ingredients and 1⁄2 cup water 2 min. Stir in zucchini. Pour into pan.
Bake 33−40 min. or until done. Cool 20 min. Transfer from pan to rack; cool. In pot over medium-low heat, simmer cocoa, sugar, and 1⁄2 cup water 5 min., whisking often. Let cool. Pour over cake. Garnish as desired.
Health bonus: Speed detox with coffee. This brew contains polyphenols that nourish and heal liver cells, boosting the organ’s ability to flush toxins by 29 percent.