This mix-easy delight is sure to earn oohs and aahs with its layers of vanilla whipped cream and berries.
- 1 (16 oz.) box angel food cake mix
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. grated orange zest
- 4 c. assorted berries such as blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and sliced strawberries
- Fresh mint sprigs and orange zest curls (optional)
Prepare and bake angel food cake mix in angel food (tube) pan according to package directions. Cool according to package directions.
On high speed, beat heavy cream, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and orange zest until soft peaks form.
Using serrated knife, horizontally cut cake into thirds. Place bottom layer on serving plate. Spread with 1 1/3 cups whipped cream; sprinkle with 1 1/3 cups berries. Repeat layering twice with remaining cake, whipped cream, and berries. Garnish with fresh mint, if desired.
This recipe originally appeared in our print magazine.