Food To Love
When your body is crying out for a healthy, nourishing lunch or dinner but the weather is cold, this beautiful winter veggie bowl from The Australian Women's Weekly's 'Super Vegetarian' cookbook comes in very handy.
Easy | Serves 4 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes
3 1/3 cups of kabocha squash, unpeeled, cut into thin wedges
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cups packaged microwavable brown rice
1/2 cup green kale, stalks removed
2/3 cups mild blue cheese, cut into 4 wedges
1/2 cup roasted walnuts, chopped coarsely
2 Tbsp. pumpkin seed kernels, toasted
2 Tbsp. flaxseeds, toasted
Parsley & Shallot Dressing
1 shallot, chopped finely
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
1/3 cup (80 ml) white wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 390°F. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- Place pumpkin on tray; drizzle with oil. Season. Roast for 30 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Meanwhile, place eggs in a saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil; boil eggs for 4 minutes.
- Drain. Place eggs under cold running water until cool enough to handle. Peel eggs; halve length-ways.
- Make parsley and shallot dressing: Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Season.
- Heat rice according to packet instructions.
- Thinly slice kale leaves; place in a large bowl with half the dressing. Using your hands, gently massage dressing into kale to soften the leaves.
- Place kale and rice in serving bowls; top with pumpkin, eggs, and cheese. Sprinkle with walnuts and seeds; drizzle with remaining dressing.
Tip: Recipe can be prepared ahead of time; add dressing just before serving.
This article originally appeared on our sister site, Food to Love.