Food to Love
You don't have to travel to Italy to find a hearty, home-made Italian meal.
Ingredients for Tortellini
- 24 dumpling wrappers
- 18 oz Italian sausages, meat removed from casings
- 2 oz baby spinach leaves
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- finely grated parmesan, to serve
Ingredients for Creamy Bacon Sauce
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices of bacon, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp plain flour
- .10 oz heavy cream
1. Working in six batches, lay out gow gee wrappers on a clean, dry surface. Spoon heaped teaspoons of sausage meat into center of each wrapper. Brush edges with a little water. Fold, pressing into a semicircle, and seal edges. Then bring the ends together and press to seal. Repeat this step with the remaining wrappers and sausage meat.
2. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to boil. In two batches, lower tortellini into water and stir once. Simmer for four to five minutes until the pasta is cooked through. Drain and keep warm.
3. In a frying pan, heat oil on high. Sauté bacon and onion for three to four minutes until onion is tender. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in flour and cook for one minute. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in cream until smooth. Return to heat and cook. Stir until sauce boils and thickens. Simmer for three minutes.
4. Toss cooked tortellini, spinach, and thyme in the sauce. Season to taste. Serve with finely-grated parmesan.
This post was written by Food to Love editors. For more, check out our sister site Food to Love.