Food to Love
Need a quick but healthy snack you can grab on the go? This deliciously crunchy brittle is packed full of nutritious pumpkin and sunflower seeds, which give you sustainable energy to stay fueled for the day ahead. Chia seeds add a gut-boosting dose of fiber and omega-3 fats. Because this recipe is also nut-free, it's a great homemade treat for the kids' lunchbox! To make our Superfood Pumpkin and Chia Seed Brittle, follow the recipe below.
- 2 cups superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 Tbsp. black chia seeds
- Line oven tray with baking paper.
- Combine sugar and the water in medium saucepan. Stir over heat without boiling until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil. Boil uncovered without stirring until golden brown. Allow bubbles to subside, then add seeds.
- Pour mixture onto tray and leave to set at room temperature. Break brittle into pieces to serve.
This recipe originally appeared on our sister site, Food to Love.