Women's Weekly Food
Kick-start your day with these tasty snack bars, made with the goodness of superfood oats, coconut, and almonds. It'll keep you sustained throughout the day to prevent mindless snacking. For this recipe, it’s important to use chopped fruit and nuts and to press the mixture firmly into the pan (with a fork or the base of a glass) to help prevent crumbling. You can even add a fourth of a cup of chocolate chips if you like! To make our Superfood Honey Almond and Oat Bars, follow the recipe below.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup chopped dried fruit medley
- 3/4 cup chopped natural almonds
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 oz. butter, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to moderate, 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 7 x 11-inch shallow cake pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds, fruit, flour, and coconut. Mix well.
- Heat honey and butter together in a small saucepan over low heat until well combined. Remove from heat, cool for 5 minutes, then whisk in egg.
- Blend the honey mixture into dry ingredients, mixing well. Press firmly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden. Cut into 12 pieces while still warm. Cool completely then store in an airtight container.
This article originally appeared on our sister site, Women's Weekly Food.