Every Super Bowl party deserves a flavorful snack mix!
- 3 Tbsp.vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup un-popped popcorn kernels (or 6-8 cups popped)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup mini pretzels
- 2 cups cereal squares
- 8 ¼ cup margarine or butter
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup Just Sweet Mustard, Amazon
- 1 ½ tsp. fine sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground smoked paprika
- ¼ heaping tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ cup candy-coated chocolate peanuts
1. Heat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Chop walnuts coarsely; add to a large bowl with the cereal squares and pretzel bites.
2. Pop the popcorn. Place 3 tsp. oil and two-to-three kernels in a 3-quart or larger pot and cover with lid. Turn the heat to medium-high. Whenever you hear the test kernels pop, add the remaining kernels and replace the lid. Using potholders, shimmy the pot around on the burner to keep the kernels moving as they pop. When the popping slows down, and you hear two-to-three seconds pass between each pop, remove the pot from the heat. Note: Use store-bought, pre-popped popcorn to save time.
3. Add the popcorn, the cereal squares, the walnuts, and the pretzel bites to the large bowl.
4. Make the seasoning. Melt margarine or butter, mix with Worcestershire, Just Sweet Mustard, salt, smoked paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, and onion powder.
5. Mix it all up. Pour the seasoning over the popcorn mix and toss until the ingredients are evenly coated. Spread the mixture out on a large baking sheet (or two medium-sized ones).
6. Bake and cool. Bake the party mix for 45 minutes, stir, and redistribute the ingredients every 15 minutes, so that it cools evenly. Let it cool completely before adding the candy-coated chocolate peanuts.
This recipe was originally published on <a target="blank" href="https://justforall.com/en-us/recipes/party-mix">JUST_.