Super Bowl Sunday is basically meat and beer day, anyway. So why not treat your guests to the best of both worlds with these cheddar-infused meatballs?
1 lb ground sirloin
1/2 lb ground pork
1/2 lb ground veal
1 green onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup whole milk
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
3 Tbsp. Rufus Teague Meat Rub, Amazon
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 Tbsp. kosher salt
1 large block sharp cheddar cheese
For BBQ Beer Sauce:
1 8 oz can of beer
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup Rufus Teague Maple Whiskey BBQ Sauce, Amazon
8 1 tsp. salt
1. Add panko to milk. Set aside.
2. Mix the three types of meat together. Add Rufus Teague Meat Rub, salt, pepper, green onion, and garlic to the meat.
3. Strain the panko. Add to meatball mixture. Mix thoroughly.
4. Allow to set in fridge for 15-30 minutes.
5. While the mixture is setting up, dice your cheese into 1/2 inch cubes.
6. Form your meatballs into a round ball, push the cubes of cheese into the center, and close up tightly.
7. Allow to set up for another 15 minutes.
8. While the meatballs are setting up, heat up 3 cups of canola oil; 375 degrees Fahrenheit is ideal.
9. Fry meatballs in the oil for about 5-7 minutes.
10. While the meatballs are frying up, get started on your sauce. Heat up your sauce pot and reduce your beer by half. Add your bay leaf and Rufus Teague BBQ Sauce. Cook down on high heat for about 10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened. Remove bay leaf.
11. Take the meatballs out of the oil and serve immediately with your sauce.
This article was originally published on <a target="blank" href="https://rufusteague.com/blogs/recipes/cheddar-stuffed-meatballs-with-bbq-beer-sauce">Rufus Teague_.