With the holiday season around the corner, it’s not always easy to figure out the best gifts to buy for your loved ones, especially when you’re short on time. When there are so many options available, it can be a challenge to come up with something special. We’ve put together our 2020 holiday shopping list of the best gifts women over 50 with our top choices you won’t want to miss.
Whether a selection of classic makeup, frankincense face masks, one of the most comfortable shoes on the market, we put together this shopping list with our favorite options available right now. Some of our favorites include a velvet knitted weighted blanket to help improve sleep quality (Bearby, $269), and Matt & Nat’s simple and elegant backpack/crossover bag (Matt & Nat, $150).
In fact, if you’re looking to buy a gift in the beauty, fashion, tech or fitness realm, there’s something for you (and them) on this list. Plus, with Black Friday almost here, you’ll find many amazing online sales, from 50 percent off a pink pearl bracelet in 14K Rose Gold from Bloomingdales, to a best-selling facial toning device that reviewers love.
Scroll for our favorite 2020 holiday gifts for women over 50…
See more of our best product recommendations.
We write about products we think our readers will like. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the supplier.
- A skincare set to help repair and protect a damaged skin barrier – Get the deal >
- An anti-aging cleansing device to help reduce wrinkles – Get the deal >
- Set of 5 organic face masks and 5 eye masks infused with frankincense – Get the deal >
- Set of 8 of Sephora’s bestselling makeup products from brands like NARS, Marc Jacobs, and Urban Decay – Get the deal >
- Moisturizing night cream to hydrate and restore skin – Get the deal >
Buy at Amazon, $199
Why we like it:
- Travel size
- Helps reduce lines and wrinkles
- Use for face, neck, jawline, and forehead
This facial toning device is easy to use and will quickly become a staple in your or your loved one’s beauty routine. Using microcurrent technology, the NuFace toning device strengthens your skin’s natural current. It’s compact and easy to use and 5 minutes a day can deliver noticeable results. Plus, it’ll never run out like a cream would. A perfect addition to any skincare routine!
Promising review: “I bought this as a gift for my 67 year old mother a couple months ago. She has been using it faithfully and loves it. She looks young for her age already but she is always looking for things that she can do to keep herself looking younger. She was so impressed that I ended up buying one for myself. I’ve used it once and I really like it as well. My face feels tighter after one use. It’s easy to use and I haven’t had any issues with pain or discomfort.”
- Elaborate holiday candle scented with Pomegranate, Mandarin Orange, Pine and Cinnamon – Get the deal >
- Jo Malone London diffuser scented with Peony, Suede and florals – Get the deal >
- $28 elegant electric stainless steel coffee kettle – Get the deal >
- Kitchen hand blender with whisk, masher and 6-cup food processor – Get the deal >
- Essential oil diffuser with a set of 20 essential oils – Get the deal >
Buy at Amazon, $599.99, (originally $749.99)
Why we like it:
- ReactiveAI powered by twin cameras
- App and voice control
- 25% More Suction and Genius Level Mopping
Whether this is your first robot vacuum or one of many, the Roborock S6 MaxV will be your last. It has all the bells and whistles you’d want in a robot vacuum, from smart mapping and mopping to app and voice control, but its power makes it stand apart from the competitors with 25 percent more suction. After just a few runs, the robot learns your home and recognizes rooms, allowing it to work quickly and avoid constant obstacles like tables and furniture. A high-capacity water tank hold enough water to last several runs, and can be programmed to release more — or less — water, depending on the floor and mess.
Promising review: “This was my first robot vacuum and I wasn’t sure what to expect. I watched all the YouTube reviews on the S6 MaxV (and previous Roborock robots as well as their competitors and this seemed like the obvious choice. Roborock S6 MaxV exceeded my expectations. I’ve been running it daily on my mix of hardwood, tight pile rugs, and medium pile carpet. It manages to pull a surprisingly large pile of dirt each time I run it. It efficiently finds its way around and gets itself unstuck almost all times it encounters a problem. The AI vision works well on those things its been trained on like lamp pedestals, shoes, and cables. I’ve added a few no-go zones to keep it away from problem places (like a low angle table leg that rises slowly from the carpet to a height that would get the robot suspended). I’ve used the mopping function a couple times and it does well at picking up light spills and dust. Heavier, sticky materials were a challenge, but I pre-treated those with a squirt of hardwood floor cleaner and let it sit a few minutes until the robot got to it and they were cleaned perfectly.“
- Mulberry silk pillowcase for optimal skin and sleep – Get the deal >
- A compact and elegant handheld body massager for $15 – Get the deal >
- No sugar added grapefruit hydration mix filled with electrolytes – Get the deal >
- Workout enhancer gel to activate sweat – perfect for saunas and working out – Get the deal >
- Elegant water bottle made from metal to keep the temperature of a favorite beverage – Get the deal
Buy at Allbirds, $115
Why we like it:
- Machine washable
- Made from thick wool
- Flexible and adapts to different movements
- Rubber grip
These ultra-comfortable shoes will make a great gift for a loved one. They are perfect as a go-to walking shoe or for working out. Made from Merino wool, they are simple, fashionable, and also weather resistant. They also come in a selection of colors, from blue, green to grey. Plus, they’re so comfortable, they might even encourage your loved one to be more active!
Promising reviews: “This is like my 8th pair of Allbirds and I have bought them for every member of my extended family – so soft and snuggly.”
“I’m somewhat advanced in years, 91 to be exact, but healthy as a horse. I like a comfortable shoe but I’m not ready to forego my fashion sense. My daughter ordered these for me and I cannot thank her enough. I love everything about them!”
- Wireless Apple Airpods Pro with noise cancelling feature – Get the deal >
- 50 inch smart TV with over 31,000 ratings and 4.6 stars – Get the deal >
- Multicolored smart light bulb with endless color options – Get the deal >
- Temperature control smart mug to keep a morning cup of coffee warm – Get the deal >
- A compact, simple and glare-free eReader – Get the deal >
Buy at Walmart, $129
Why we like it:
- Exceptional sound quality
- Available in black, blue, white and yellow
- 8 hours of battery life
You can’t go wrong with the Bose SoundLink Portable Bluetooth Speaker as a gift. It’s intuitive to use and very simple to pair with any Bluetooth device, and the sound quality is exceptional. It’s portable, so you can always move it around the house, and it’s also water resistant, so you can take it outdoors. The design is simple and elegant, and the speaker is compact while also delivering exceptional sound quality. Plus, the battery lasts for 8 hours.
Promising review: “With a name like Bose, I expected excellent sound, but this ridiculously good! The speaker is a bit bigger than my hand and has a rubbery (soft) feeling to it. It is chargeable, so you can grab it and put it in any location while in use. It pairs easier than anything to my phone’s Bluetooth. Music sounds like it is coming through a complete sound system all from one box. It is a clear quality sound with the deep bass that is needed to make music really sound complete. The sound fills up an entire room and only sounds better with higher volume. I 100%, hands-down, love this speaker.”
- Warm hooded vest in solid or patterned prints – Get the deal >
- Monthly subscription of handbags and matching accessories – Get the deal >
- Elegant leather gloves with cashmere lining – Get the deal >
Pink pearl bracelet in 14K Rose Gold – now 50% off! – Get the deal >
- Modern multicolored wallet made from 100% genuine leather – Get the deal >
Buy at Matt & Nat, $150
Why we like it:
- Convertible strap
- Three inner compartments
- Vegan materials
Matt & Nat’s Annex Backpack is the perfect combination of comfort and fashion. It’s elegant and simple with shoulder straps thick enough to ensure they are comfortable. It comes with a detachable strap and can be worn either as a shoulder bag or a backpack. Plus, all of Matt & Nat’s products are made from vegan materials.