As with anything in life, sometimes things are a little better with company. Take seafood, for instance: Totally fine on its own, but when paired with a tangy friend — well, that's how magic happens. That's why we've teamed these salmon cakes with some cilantro lime sauce for a little extra kick. You'll definitely want to be the third wheel for this pairing.
- 1/4 cup siggi’s 0-percent orange and ginger yogurt (Amazon)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 16 oz. cooked salmon, flaked with a fork
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
Cilantro Lime Sauce:
- 1 cup siggi’s 2% coconut yogurt (Amazon)
- Juice and zest of half a lime
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
1. In a medium bowl, whisk siggi’s orange and ginger yogurt and egg until smooth. Add breadcrumbs, onion, jalapeño, and remaining ingredients (except the salmon). Stir until combined.
2. Gently stir in salmon and form into 8 patties.
3. Heat 1 Tbsp. canola oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Working in batches, cook salmon cakes on both sides until golden brown and cooked through, about four minutes, adding additional oil as needed.
4. Whisk together all the sauce ingredients until well combined.
5. Serve salmon cakes topped with a dollop of cilantro lime sauce.