The summer is well underway, and the heatwaves have us craving all of the thirst-quenching beverages. But for when plain water just isn't cutting it, you can try an electrolyte-rich, hydrating tonic like our Mango, Turmeric, and Ginger-Lime Nectar. Our recipe combines the taste of ripe, summer mango, a kick of spice with turmeric and ginger, and cool, refreshing lime juice. Have this mixture chilling in your fridge so that it's set to be served over ice when you're ready to cool down on those extremely hot days. What's more, the ingredients in this recipe all help to tame inflammation in the body and will have you looking and feeling great all summer long. And an added bonus: You can even freeze the mixture in popsicle molds! To make our Mango, Turmeric, and Ginger-Lime Nectar, follow the recipe below.
- 2 large mangoes, diced
- 4 oranges, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, peeled and diced, plus wedges to serve
- 2 Tbsp. fresh turmeric, peeled, pounded to a paste with a mortar and pestle
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. ginger, peeled, pounded to a paste with a mortar and pestle
- Coconut water, to taste
- Process ingredients except coconut water in a blender until smooth, then add coconut water to taste and serve over crushed ice.
- Serve with a lime wedge to garnish.
This recipe originally appeared on our sister site, Gourmet Traveller.