National Honey Board
Looking for an afternoon pick-me-up or a quick morning breakfast? Curb your hunger with a hearty (and healthy!) helping of granola. Made with old-fashioned oats, shredded coconut, and strawberry jam, these dainty Honey Almond Butter Mini Granola Cups are perfect when you want a grab-and-go bite that's just sweet enough and plenty filling.
2 cups old-fashioned oats, (certified gluten-free optional)
1 cup coarse almond meal
1/2 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. honey, divided
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup almond butter
Strawberry jam (or whatever jam you'd like)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray two non-stick mini muffin tins with coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl, add oats, almond meal, coconut, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, 1/4 cup honey, and vanilla extract. Pour the mixture over the oats and fold to combine, making sure the oat mixture is evenly coated.
4. Fill the mini muffin cups with 1 Tbsp. of the oat mixture, pressing down firmly with the back of the tablespoon to create a shallow depression in each cup.
5. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the cups are golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow the cups to cool for 10 minutes. Using a butter knife, gently run the knife around the cups to release them from the mold. Allow them to cool completely on a wire rack.
6. In a small bowl, mix almond butter with remaining 2 Tbsp. of honey. Fill each cup with a scant teaspoon of almond butter. Top with a small dollop of jam.
7. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to seven days.
Makes 36 to 40 cups.
This recipe was originally published by the <a target="blank" href="https://www.honey.com/recipe/honey-almond-butter-mini-granola-cups">National Honey Board_.