If the name Vanesa Amaro doesn’t ring a bell, her videos certainly will. The Queen of Cleaning and Clorox partner amassed a huge following on TikTok, thanks to her “how-to” videos, quick hacks, and tips. She’s inspired people of all generations to tidy up their homes and find joy in the process.
For instance: Vanesa is the one who gave us this clever shower cleaning hack to make the process of de-griming your tiles easy. Her other tutorials include oven cleaning, toilet cleaning, and eliminating grease. (I can’t count the number of times I’ve said “thank you” after watching these videos.)
Now, Vanesa is sharing her five essential spring cleaning tools with First. “Spring cleaning is the perfect time for a reset,” she says. “[These are] my top recommended products for creating a clean and radiant space while elevating your cleaning routine.” (Note: Prices may vary depending on your location.)
- Clorox Scentiva Disinfecting Wipes (Buy from Target, $4.89). “[These] work great on finished hardwood, sealed granite, and stainless steel,” Amaro says. “They effectively clean, disinfect, and de-grease surfaces, while also eliminating odors.”
- Scrub Daddy (Buy from Target, $3.69). “[These] can be used on a variety of surfaces throughout your home. The sponge’s texture changes based on your water temperature — softer in warm water and firmer in cold water — so you can control your scrubbing power.”
- Sprayway Glass Cleaner (Buy from Amazon, pack of 2, $7.50). “This can be sprayed on any glass surface. The heavy-duty foam clings to surfaces making it easier to dissolve dirt, grease, grit, and grime.”
- Clorox Scentiva Mopping Cloths (Buy from Target, $8.99). “These can be used on even the dirtiest floors. They’re ultra-textured floor cleansing cloths that trap four times more particles, dirt, and hair while disinfecting and killing 99.9 percent of viruses and bacteria. The cloths are safe to use on multiple surfaces, including finished wood.”
- Detailing brushes. “These are essential for in-depth cleaning. Any tiny brush [like a toothbrush] will work for getting into nooks and crannies that are often overlooked around the home.”
The right tools really make all the difference when it comes to spring cleaning. Thanks, Vanesa!
First For Women aims to feature only the best products and services. We update when possible, but deals expire and prices can change. If you buy something via one of our links, we may earn a commission. Questions? Reach us at email@example.com