Women's Weekly Food
Here's a healthy breakfast recipe that's a wholesome and delicious way to start the morning. Just try making it once and see if you aren't dreaming about it for the rest of the week.
- 3 oz. baby spinach leaves
- 4 whole-wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 poached eggs
- 1 small container of yellow and red grape tomatoes, fried
- 1 cup low-fat whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Place spinach in a bowl. Cover with boiling water to blanch. Drain and pat dry with paper towel. Set aside.
- To make the light hollandaise, mix together mayonnaise, lemon zest, and mustard in a heatproof bowl. Whisk over a saucepan of simmering water until warm. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, tarragon, and cayenne pepper. Season to taste.
- Arrange muffins on plates. Top with spinach and poached egg. Drizzle with light hollandaise. Serve with fried tomatoes.
To poach eggs, break into a frying pan of gently simmering water with a splash of vinegar. Simmer until cooked, splashing a little hot water over the eggs during cooking. Fry tomatoes in a lightly greased frying pan until tender.
This article was originally written by Women's Weekly Food editors. For more, check out our sister site, Women's Weekly Food.