If you’re tired of boring, plain hummus, then you need to try our amped-up version of the classic favorite: turmeric-infused hummus. This hummus spread contains spicy turmeric for an added kick of flavor. You can enjoy the hummus on wraps and sandwiches, or even as a healthy dip for a veggie platter or toasted pitta bread. To make our turmeric-infused hummus, follow the recipe below.
- 28 oz. canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small piece fresh turmeric, grated
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Blend or process chickpeas, honey, juice, half of the oil, turmeric, garlic, cumin, and half of the cayenne pepper until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to medium bowl; stir in cilantro, season to taste.
- Serve hummus sprinkled with remaining cayenne pepper and drizzled with remaining oil.
This recipe originally appeared on our sister site, Women’s Weekly Food.