Being dairy-free doesn’t mean you can’t indulge yourself! This silky strawberry mousse cake with a crunchy nuts and oats is the ultimate end-of-summer treat. With fresh strawberries and a coconut cream base, it will be tough to stop at just one slice. To make our Dairy-Free Strawberry Mousse Cake with Coconut Cream, follow the recipe below.
For the Nut Base
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
For the Cake
- 16 oz. hulled, chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp. gelatin
- 1/4 cup just-boiled water
- 14 oz. can coconut cream
- 10 oz. silken tofu
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- extra sliced strawberries, to serve
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit. Line base and sides of a eight-inch spring-form pan with baking paper.
- Make the nut base: In a food processor, pulse pecans, oats, honey, and olive oil until coarsely combined. Press firmly into base of pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, cook strawberries and caster sugar over medium heat for eight to ten minutes until juices are syrupy.
- Whisk gelatin into just-boiled water with a fork to dissolve. Whisk into strawberry mixture.
- Stir coconut cream, tofu, and vanilla bean paste into strawberry mixture. Using a stick mixer, blend until smooth. Cool at room temperature until it begins to thicken (around 15 minutes).
- Pour mixture into shell. Gently tap base to release air bubbles. Chill overnight until set. Serve topped with extra sliced strawberries.
Mixtures need to be at the same temperature when beating in gelatin.
This recipe originally appeared on our sister site, Food to Love.
More From FIRST
BOGO Never Felt So Good
Whether you're looking to sleep better, have less anxiety, get pain relief or simply unwind the mind, these award-winning CBD Gummies from Sky Wellness do just the trick! Available in a variety of flavors, don't miss this special BOGO offer. Learn more at SkyWellness.com.