- 1 oz. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large leek, sliced thinly
- 4 lbs. pumpkin, chopped coarsely
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup pouring cream
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh chives
- Heat butter and oil in large frying pan; cook leek and stir until soft.
- Combine leek, pumpkin, stock, and the water in an 18-cup slow cooker. Cook covered on low for 6 hours.
- Cool soup for 10 minutes. Blend or process soup in batches until smooth. Return soup to cooker. Cook covered on high for about 20 minutes or until hot. Stir in 1/3 cup of the cream. Season to taste.
- Serve soup topped with remaining cream and chives.
This article was originally written by Women’s Weekly Food editors. For more, check out our sister site Women’s Weekly Food.