Mac and cheese doesn’t have to be just a treat-yourself food. If you can sneak in a lot of veggies, this cheesy dish can remain a part of your healthy diet — even during beach season. That’s why we love this Three Bridges recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes | Yields: 4 servings
- 1-12oz. pkg Three Bridges Creamy Cheddar Mac and Cheese Kit
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 earsweet corn
- 1 red bell pepper, diced 3/8″
- 1 summer squash, diced 3/8″
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the panko breadcrumbs with the melted butter to coat. Then mix in the parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- In a sheet pan, combine corn, red pepper, summer squash, and cherry tomatoes. Coat with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Level to a flat layer and roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Prepare Three Bridges Creamy Cheddar Mac and Cheese per directions then pour into a small oven-safe baking casserole dish.
- Add in the roasted vegetables and gently stir until just barely combined. Top with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the breadcrumb topping is lightly browned. Serve and enjoy!