Craving a thirst-quenching beverage? When plain water just isn’t cutting it, try an electrolyte-rich, hydrating tonic like our Mango, Turmeric, and Ginger-Lime Nectar. Our recipe combines the taste of ripe, juicy mango, a kick of spice with turmeric and ginger, and cool, refreshing lime juice. Have this mixture chilling in your fridge so that it’s set to be served over ice when you’re ready to cool down after a workout or long day, or use it to get your body energized first thing in the morning after you wake up. The all-star ingredients in this recipe all help to tame inflammation in your body and will have you looking and feeling great all autumn long. And an added bonus: You can even freeze the mixture in popsicle molds for a sweet treat your kids will like too. To make our Mango, Turmeric, and Ginger-Lime Nectar, follow the recipe below.
- 2 large mangoes, diced
- 4 oranges, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, peeled and diced, plus wedges to serve
- 2 Tbsp. fresh turmeric, peeled, pounded to a paste with a mortar and pestle
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. ginger, peeled, pounded to a paste with a mortar and pestle
- Coconut water, to taste
- Process ingredients except coconut water in a blender until smooth, then add coconut water to taste and serve over crushed ice.
- Serve with a lime wedge to garnish.
This recipe originally appeared on our sister site, Gourmet Traveller.