Healthy snacking doesn’t have to be boring! With superfoods like walnuts, macadamia nuts, and sesame seeds, these tasty snack bites make the perfect wholesome, good-for-you treats. Ginger is a known anti-inflammatory, and dates are said to aid digestion and overall health, as they are high in fiber and other essential nutrients. To make our nutritious and delicious Macadamia Ginger and Sesame Seed Logs, follow the recipe below. Note: Medjool dates are available from the fresh food section of major supermarkets. You can store these logs in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks or freeze for up to three months.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup macadamias
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 14 oz. fresh medjool dates, pitted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- Process nuts and oats in a food processor until finely chopped. Add dates, ginger, and salt; process until mixture forms a paste.
- Shape level tablespoons of mixture into two-inch long snack bites and place bites on a baking-paper-lined oven tray. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir sesame seeds in a frying pan over medium heat for two minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool.
- Roll snack bites in sesame seeds and place on a tray. Refrigerate for two hours or until firm.
This recipe originally appeared on our sister site, Women’s Weekly Food.