Maybe you’re cutting down on fat in your diet, or maybe you’re just looking for a lightened-up version of a sweet treat. Whatever your needs are, we’re sure that this low-fat 30-minute strawberry cheesecake is going to meet them. This low-fat version of the classic favorite can be made in just four easy steps and takes just 15 minutes to prepare. That’s right: In less than an hour, you can indulge your sweet tooth with a fluffy strawberry cake. To make this low-fat 30-minute strawberry cheesecake, simply follow the recipe below.
- 9 ladyfingers, halved
- 2 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 8-oz. containers of strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Lay 3 ladyfinger halves over each base of six 1-cup springform cake pans.
- Using an electric mixer with paddle or V-groove beaters, beat ricotta and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg whites, then lemon rind and juice. Pour mixture into pans, spreading out evenly with a spatula. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Chill until firm.
- Meanwhile, place strawberries in a baking pan and sprinkle with caster sugar. Bake for 8 minutes until syrupy. Cool.
- Serve cheesecakes topped with strawberries and syrup.
This recipe originally appeaered on our sister site, Women’s Weekly Food.