Summer is now in full swing, and that means you’ve probably been grilling up some burgers. If this family favorite tops your list of weeknight meals — or if burger joints are a typical go-to for your brood’s nights out — you may be wondering how to reheat a burger without drying it out?So, take some time to check out these expert tips to reheat hamburgers and you’ll never have a disappointing meal of leftovers again.
How to Reheat a Burger in the Toaster Oven
When it comes to choosing an effective and efficient way to reheat a hamburger, the toaster oven takes a close second place to the oven. Since a hamburger patty is on the smaller side, they tend to reheat pretty well in the toaster oven. So if you’re a pro with the toaster oven, you might want to stick with this method to reheat hamburger patties. Here, HelloFresh chef Claudia Sidoti shares her four steps to reheat a hamburger in the toaster oven.
- Preheat the toaster oven to 350 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. If the hamburger patties are room temperature, they will reheat quickly.
- Place the burgers on a metal rack in the toaster oven and place a baking sheet underneath to catch any excess fat that drips.
- Heat the hamburger patties for approximately three minutes.
- Turn the hamburger patties and heat for an additional two minutes (the exact time will depend on the thickness of the patty).
If you want a nice toasty bun, Sidoti says you can add the hamburger buns to the toaster oven after you turn the patties.
How to Reheat a Burger in the Microwave
Have you ever tossed a burger in the microwave, set the timer for a random amount, hit start, and walked away? If this sounds like the way you reheat hamburgers, you’re not alone. While this method works, it certainly produces less than desirable burgers.
So yes, the microwave is on the bottom of the list when it comes to the best way to reheat grilled hamburgers — but we know that sometimes life gets in the way, and you need to get dinner on the table, pronto! So, whether you need a way to reheat a McDonald’s burger for your kids or you’re looking for a better way to reheat a burger patty in the microwave in a pinch, we’ve got you covered. Check out these easy steps from Sidoti to reheat cheeseburger in the microwave.
- Locate the “reheat” setting on your microwave. You’re going to want to use this option to reheat a hamburger.
- Place the hamburger patties on a microwave-safe plate.
- Place the hamburger patties in the microwave for one to two minutes. Depending on the thickness of the patties, you may need to turn them at the halfway point.
- Push your finger down through the warm patty. If the patty is hot when you do this, it’s finished. If not, reheat for another 30-60 seconds.
- You can also use these steps to reheat Hamburger Helper in the microwave.
How to Reheat a Burger in the Oven
Ah, the oven. There’s a reason this oldie-but-goodie seems to always stand the test of time. And when it comes to a foolproof way to reheat a hamburger, the oven is your answer. “This is the favorite method for burger aficionados like myself, so you can rest assured that you’ll be enjoying a burger as delicious as one that’s fresh off the grill,” exclaims chef Courtney Rada of Genius Kitchen’s Carnivorous. Here, she shares the seven easy steps to reheat a burger in the oven.
- Make sure your burger is prepped to perfection.
- Preheat your oven to a toasty 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put your patty directly onto a metal rack and place over a baking pan to make sure the excess fat doesn’t drip all over your oven.
- Place your patty in the oven for about three minutes, depending on the strength of your oven.
- After three minutes, lay your bun on the metal rack and flip your patty to the other side.
- Cook for an additional two minutes until the bun is a lovely golden brown. (You can toss your hamburger buns into the oven during this step to give them a toasty finish. )
- Doctor up your burger with veggies and extras of your choice, and enjoy!
How to Reheat a Burger Patty
If all you want to do is reheat a burger patty, you can follow any of the methods described in this article. Since you’re not concerned with reheating the bun, you can opt for the microwave for a quick reheat, or the oven, which tends to be the best method to reheat a hamburger all the way through.
How to Reheat a Burger Bun
Nothing ruins a burger faster than a cold hamburger bun. That’s why using the oven to reheat a bun is the best way to get that fresh from the grill taste. Since the oven is also the preferred choice to reheat burgers, it makes sense to go with this method when handling your buns. Here, Sidoti shares four simple steps to reheat a burger bun.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wrap both halves of the bun in aluminum foil, ensuring that all sides are covered.
- Place the wrapped buns in the oven.
- Reheat until warm, approximately five minutes.
How to Reheat a Burger and Fries
What good is a juicy burger without a side of crispy fries? If you have a few to-go containers from last night’s meal stashed in your fridge, you’re probably wondering what’s the best way to reheat a burger and fries. Rada says you have a couple of options to get the job done. First, let’s tackle the burger. To reheat a cheeseburger, you’re going to want to use the oven method. If you plan on reheating your burger and fries together, allow for some extra time in the oven. Here are the two methods Rada recommends to reheat a burger and fries.
Reheating on the Stove
- Using a large, heavy skillet, heat up a little bit of oil until it’s nice and hot. FYI: You’ll want to use an oil with a high smoking point (think corn, peanut or canola vs. olive) to make sure it doesn’t burn and ruin your delicious fries.
- Once your pan is hot, add your fries. Make sure you don’t crowd the pan and give your fries plenty of room to heat up.
- Keep moving your fries around until they are crispy and golden on all sides.
- Let your fries rest on a few layers of paper towel until all of the excess oil has drained.
- Toss with your fave seasoning (Rada recommends a little salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder) and enjoy.
Reheating in the Oven
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place your fries on top, leaving enough room around them so they reheat evenly.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and cook for a couple of minutes (depending on how crispy you like them).
- Similar to reheating on the stove, keep moving your fries around until they are golden on all sides.
- Remove from the oven, toss in your seasoning of choice, and let cool for a couple of minutes before eating.
Can you reheat fast food burgers?
We all go through phases where the tallies in the “dining out” column outnumber the tallies in the “eat at home” column. If you find that you’re stacked up in the “dining out” column, you might need a few strategies to reheat a burger from a restaurant.
Whether your to-go box is from the fancy steak joint in town or you just need to know how to reheat a fast-food burger, you can follow many of the steps outlined in this article. Since we’re on the topic of fast-food burgers, let’s go over how to reheat White Castle hamburgers and how to reheat a McDonald’s burger.
How to Reheat White Castle Burgers in the Conventional Oven
These seven steps for how to reheat White Castle burgers are taken directly from their website.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Barely cover the bottom of a broiler pan with steaming hot water.
- Place the slotted portion of the broiler pan on top of steaming water.
- Remove hamburgers from cartons or wrapper, separate and place on slotted broiler pan.
- Cover sandwiches and slotted portion of the broiler pan with foil and seal tightly.
- Heat for 15 to 20 minutes if frozen, or 10 to 15 minutes if thawed.
- After heating, let pan sit for two minutes before removing foil.
Is it safe to reheat a Mcdonalds burger?
If you need to reheat a McDonald’s burger, you can follow the steps for reheating a burger. Just make sure you can take the bun off before you use this method. If the bun is stuck to the burger, your best bet is to reheat it in the microwave.
There you have it: Three simple ways to reheat a burger, plus tips on how to reheat a burger from a restaurant. Grab a side of fries (which are also easy to reheat) or corn on the cob, and you will have a leftover dinner guaranteed to make your taste buds sing.