It’s no secret that everyone loves a grilled cheese sandwich every now and again. Two pieces of bread, a slice or two of cheddar, and you’re good to go — not to mention, the kids gobble them up with no problem. But the traditional grilled cheese sandwich can get old after a while, which is why we’re in love with this new-and-improved adult version. Made with Bûcherondin goat cheese, chicken, and spinach, this upgraded snack or lunch is packed with filling fiber and protein as well as loads of flavor (just look at that crispy sourdough!). If you’re worried about your kids balking at the fancier cheese, don’t be: Bûcherondin is mild. (Plus, they’ll never know unless you tell ’em!)
- 1-2 small blocks Bûcherondin French goat cheese, sliced
- 1 large handful of baby spinach, per sandwich
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked chicken, per sandwich
- Sourdough bread
- Set indoor grill or sandwich press ($29, Amazon) to sear. This will get the plates really hot.
- Spread mayonnaise on the outsides of the sandwich.
- Lay one slice on the hot grill (mayo side down) and add several slices of French goat cheese, followed by a healthy helping of spinach and chicken.
- Add top of sandwich and close the lid of the grill to sear the top half, too.
- Wait several minutes to allow all the flavors to melt together and for the bread to turn golden.
- Remove from the grill and enjoy!
Tip: Grab a rotisserie chicken or use leftovers from the night before.