Just because you’re cutting down on gluten doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice everybody’s favorite weekend breakfast: pancakes. This gluten-free recipe is just as sweet and scrumptious with warm bananas, rasperries, and a drizzle of honey on top. Of course, you can add whatever your family’s favorite fruit or other topping might be. Blueberries or mixed berries are a great substitute for anyone who doesn’t love raspberries.
- 1 cup sweet white sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 medium bananas, sliced thickly
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2/3 cup fresh raspberries
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl and make a well in the center. Whisk in eggs and milk until batter is well combined (mixture will be thick).
- Melt a third of the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over low-medium heat. Spoon two tablespoons of batter, cooking four at a time. Flatten each pancake slightly and cook for two minutes or until lightly browned. Carefully turn over (mixture is delicate) and cook for another two minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from pan and keep warm. Repeat with remaining spread and batter to make 12 pancakes in total.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler on high. Combine banana and honey on a parchment paper-lined tray. Place in broiler for five minutes or until bananas are lightly browned and heated through.
- Serve pancakes warm topped with banana and raspberries and drizzle with pan juices and extra honey, if you like.
This recipe originally appeared on our sister site, Women’s Weekly Food.